Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How this is done? Data over audio tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

ku637

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I was curious about an wireless ip camera feature. Once we input the wifi password in the android application it is ( i suppose) transferring this password to camera over audio tones. So next time onwards the camera will automatically connect to your wifi.

h***s://youtu.be/e9jVThItb2U?t=311

Is there any idea how it is achieved? May be im not familiar with it, is it possible to just use a speaker in your android app and generate tones ( or is there is any standard behind it), which can be received by a microphone and by an ordinary MCU to detect the tone frequency?

If any information how this is achieved, it will be nice to know.

Thank you

Last edited:

Hi,

Do you know how an analog modem or a FAX works?

If not: Wikipedia or many other documents in the internet will give good explanations.

Klaus

Are you sure it uses audio tones?

The connection is WiFi so it would be very unusual to send anything by audio tones when a high speed data connection is already available. It is far more likely it uses some data command to set the new password.

Brian.

I am not sure whether audio tones are used or not, but it can be done quite easily.
We had to transmit an image over audio channels using OFDM modulation and de-modulation as part of our DSP project in school. You are more than welcome to look at the project documents available in https://homes.esat.kuleuven.be/~dspuser/DSP-CIS/2017-2018/material.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back