Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3-phase voltage monitor, phase reversal

Status
Not open for further replies.

id_ruben

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I got the scheme from a 380VAC voltage monitor, where the device has the ability to detect phase reversals and detect voltage levels.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HmntXd_m6UNQM8ECU9T4-cpuA9Jnm5lt

I have tried simulating in LTSPieceXVII and giving a 1.7V DC voltage to the output.
But I don't know how this circuit works and the formula is mainly on R1, R2 and C1.
Please help me about the workings of the circuit and formulas, so that I can determine the exact component value so that I can design the output of the tool that is in accordance with the ADC level (+ 5V).
I really appreciate every assistance given
thank you

Attachments

• 3-phase_voltage-monitor_phase-reversal_LTSpiece.asc.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 97
  • schema_3-phase_voltage-monitor_phase-reversal.png
    schema_3-phase_voltage-monitor_phase-reversal.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 193
  • RST-Source.png
    RST-Source.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 160
  • In_Diode-TP1_TP4.png
    In_Diode-TP1_TP4.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 153
  • out_TP7.png
    out_TP7.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 149

I got the scheme from a 380VAC voltage monitor, where the device has the ability to detect phase reversals and detect voltage levels.
How can a single DC output signal represent phase and voltage level at the same time?

The shown circuit has at least inappropriate RC dimensioning (480k * 1 µF = 480 ms), should be in a 1/ω range to give effective phase shift, e.g. C = 5 to 10 nF. Then you get a significant response to phase reversal.

I still wonder how you arrived at the specific schematic.

TP_2 and TP_3 are same; just make them symmetrical.

locate zero crossings for all the three signals at the three phases.

Use them to decide the sequence: ABC or ACB.

Voltage levels can be used to decide phase faults (loss of one phase).

Status
Not open for further replies.