Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR Preheater for ATX motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petswotan

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a MSI Z370 gaming motherboard (LGA1151) that has a missing socket pin resulting from known damage.

I have searched the web relentlessly for an IR preheater that will totally preheat an ATX motherboard (not ITX) but with no success, so I have given up . I suspect that such an animal might be quite expensive & out of reach for me.

I have considered making a DIY project to achieve the desired result but the prevailing wisdom seems to be that only a proper IR preheater is likely to get the desired result as, in any event, replacement is quite difficult (without experience) & moreover without IR there is a serious risk of melting plastics in the process, so I don't want to go that route. There are repair services in the US but I am in Australia & the cost to do so is prohibitive, so that's out.

The motherboard measures 12 in. x 9.6 in (30.4cm x 24.3cm)

Could anyone recommend a preheater to do the job. I'm not looking to pay a lot for one as this will probably be a one off project & it might otherwise well be uneconomical given the new price of the motherboard.

Probably then sounds like I need a cheap Chinese unit, but not so cheap as to be junk.

Thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back