Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Liberate - Custom Cell Characterization

Status
Not open for further replies.

manpmanp

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Tools and Tech:

ST 65nm | LIBERATE Library Characterization Platform (x86_64) 12.1.4 (altos 121) | Cadence Virtuoso 6.1.5-64b | Calibre Interactive - PEX v2012.4_16.11

I am trying to characterize a full custom designed cell.

1. Parasitics are extracted using Calibre Interactive - PEX v2012.4_16.11. The extracted netlist is CELL.pex.spi from pexRunDir using Calibre PEX tool.
  2. Technology Model Files created using: ADE L environment --> ArtistKit --> Setup Corners ... --> Model File --> Show Corners --> File --> save as ... which is corners.scs for spectre simulator

The problem is that Liberate tool does not write any *.lib file out and no error or log file is generated by Liberate so that I can find the issue out?

Any Idea how to proceed or solving the issue?

Any better or even the corret way of getting extracted netlist and model files?

The simple script which I use comes from example codes of liberate and Virtuoso Liberate Reference Manual 18.1

Code:
set ROOT "/home/PROJECT"
source ${ROOT}/PATH.tcl
source ${CHAR_SCRIPT}/parameters.tcl

set MODEL_TYPE spectre
set_operating_condition -voltage ${my_voltage} -temp ${my_temperature}
source ${CHAR_SCRIPT}/template_example.tcl

read_spice -format spectre ${CHAR_MODELS}/${MODEL_TYPE}/${MODEL_TYPE}_corners_ss.scs

set spicefiles ${CHAR_NETLIST}/Inv.pex.spi

read_spice $spicefiles

char_library

write_library TTTT.lib

liberate is a mess of a tool. there is a way you can intercept the generated spice characterization scripts (look at the temp folder). you can then run them yourself to better understand what is going wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back