Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ground port in ADS' EM simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

polaupa

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,
I'm trying to make a parallel stubs filter. It consists in some parallel microstrip lines finished in ground.
I designed it and then I simulated with ADS. I had no problems until here, the simulation was kind of what I'd expected.
The problem came when I tried the EM simulation. I defined the substrate and I put the pins, but when I run the simulation, the program deletes the ground pins of my circuit, and it simulates as if there was no ground pins.
Lately I tried the same circuit but using coplanar waveguides instead of microstrip lines and I got the same result.

Why isn't my layout reading the ground port?

Thanks!

We can only help if you show more details: substrate definition, pin definition on signal and ground layers. If possible, upload a simplified example workspace to show the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back