Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

16 Gb USB Stick (Maxell) not being formatted

Status
Not open for further replies.

furqankaimkhani

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Greetings,

I have a 16 GB USB (flash drive stick) which is not being formatted. The computer does detect it on inserting in the usb port. but there is no size being shown. I tried to format using windows 7, windows 10, and in command prompt also, but it does not work. Is there a way to revive this usb again?

Regards in advance

0. Try to disconnect it from the USB hub and connect it to the USB port directly.

Other solutions:
1. Likely a driver problem. Even on my computer such problems have began to occur. Do you know how to create an Ubuntu live USB and format your not working USB?

2. Its possible that the problem is elsewhere, so please try it on another computer and post a picture of the error.

Last edited:

How's the drive displayed in Windows disk management tool?

It may contain no or an incompatible file system. Disk management tool can delete the volume and partition it as FAT32 drive.

Did the stick work okay before ?

I've known sticks break internally when knocked while plugged in. Given a chance, I'll use a short MF fly-lead for safety.

Also, I had an 'other brand' stick that turned out to be a slow, low-capacity fake...

Big killer is removing stick during a write...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back