Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Asking about SMD component

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedsomrani

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have an android box and i did a wrong manipulation giving it 5v insteed of 12v (don't ask me why because I don't really know ?)...
I gave it to a friend wich told me that the problem came from an SMD component with 5 pins and marked code C06XF but he can't identify it... I googled it and i don't find nothing...
Can someone help me?

A picture of the component

received_2274922746099366.jpeg

1}How does your “friend” know that component is defective without knowing what it is?
2) why would putting 5volts into a circuit rated for 12 volts damage it?

Thanx for you reply barry...
1) it's simply a big mestake from me... I don't know anything about electronics... The box is next to adsl router and the power supply of both of them were unplugged... I thought they were the same so i plugged them without thinking... In that moment it stops working...
2) My friend have an idea about electronics thanx to his work as industrual electricity technical... He tested the motherbord with a metrix (i don't know if it is the right english word because I put it in french)... He noticed that the component is heating and the voltage is null... He is not sure about what the component is so he doesn't want to take the risk...

Sorry for my little technical english i'm easy in frensh but i try to explain as i can..

1) i don't know anything about electronics so i plugged the adsl router power supply insteed of the right one...
2) my friend tested the motherbord with a metrix and found that this component was heating and the voltage is null... He is not sure about its identity so he won't to take the risk...

Hi,

SOT153 package, SMD code CO... comes up as possibly: SY6280. But that's not an exhaustive search and it would be wise to research this a lot further yourself to see if the part remotely fits with the circuit/application. I am assuming it is SOT153 from the photo and having done a little Googling to get what looks like the correct package name.

5.5V, 2A Low Loss Power Distribution Switch (page 2) "Top mark: COxyz for SY6280 (Device code: CO, x=year code, y=week code, z= lot number code)"

Good luck!

Hi,

SOT153 package, SMD code CO... comes up as possibly: SY6280. But that's not an exhaustive search and it would be wise to research this a lot further yourself to see if the part remotely fits with the circuit/application. I am assuming it is SOT153 from the photo and having done a little Googling to get what looks like the correct package name.

5.5V, 2A Low Loss Power Distribution Switch (page 2) "Top mark: COxyz for SY6280 (Device code: CO, x=year code, y=week code, z= lot number code)"

Good luck!

52810383_295057294447836_6324609183270305792_n.jpg

Compairing those two codes (the mine is the right one) i think you are right that it is "CO" and not "C0"
I was taking a wrong way and you put me on the right one...
Thank you for your help I will try to follow your advices

Read this it might help you from making the same mistake again.

My bet is that your 5Vdc and 12vdc adapters have reversed polarity plugs, with unfortunately the same size plug (most equipment, at least in the US) has a different sized plug for 12vdc and 5vdc.

It would also explain the destruction of the device that uses 12vdc but is fried bya 5vdc adapter. FYI if it is a reverse polarity plug it's highly likely you've got far more damage than the one part.

Read this it might help you from making the same mistake again.

My bet is that your 5Vdc and 12vdc adapters have reversed polarity plugs, with unfortunately the same size plug (most equipment, at least in the US) has a different sized plug for 12vdc and 5vdc.

It would also explain the destruction of the device that uses 12vdc but is fried bya 5vdc adapter. FYI if it is a reverse polarity plug it's highly likely you've got far more damage than the one part.

Thanx ads-ee
Hope that that the damage stops there or at least touches only electronic components not the processor or devices like that... For the moment i have to replace the smd so i can look further and see if there are other problems...
Here in Tunisia the plugs are similar and with someone like me who know nothing about electronics it can make me doing wrong manipulation unfortunately...
Thank you for all your advices guys i'll try to follow them and i will come to you everytime i stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.