Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to find Altera PLDShell v5.0 Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

laguna831

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
It's been 10+ years since the last software download link request for a copy of Altera's PLDShell v5.0 software. Is there anyone who has a copy of this (or something equivalent and compatible)? I need it for a vintage computing presentation as part of a project, which includes programming a couple Altera EP300 series EPLDs. All possible links I have found are quite old and either dead/defunct.

Altera is now Intel.
So have you checked Intel website for Alters's antiquated software.

Yes, I did. If Intel did support it, they dropped their support for this software not too long after acquiring Altera. They are only pushing support for Quartus 2.

they dropped their support for this software not too long after acquiring Altera
I rather thought, support has ended at least 10 years ago...

As far as I'm aware of, EP300 series is compatible to industry standard PAL/GAL devices and should understand standard *.hex programing files.

With Altera PLDShell, you'll also need compatible programming hardware, isn't it? Won't it be easier to find some third party universal programmer supporting EP300 series?

One would think that a generic universal programmer would contain compatibility for the complete EP300 series. Contrary to thought, they generally don't. The closest I have found is an Advin Pilot u84-Plus. It supports EP310s & EP320s (20-pin) but not EP324s (44-pin). The cheapest one I can find is on eBay for around $75 (others well above $150). The software is available on their site. The main reason I'm looking for the PLDShell software is because an old ALTERA master programmer is around $20-30, is powered by the rs232c port, supports all pre '95 hardware, and is driven by the programming software. In short, the PLDShell software would make things a whole lot more convenient for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back