Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Defining boundary condition in electrostatic solver in Comsol

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiana

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I need to solve the bellow 3D problem in comsol
I have a periodic metallic square patch arrays located at xy plane with 1.8mm width and 2mm period. we can use a unitcell ontains only one square patch with periodic boundary conditions in x and y directions. I need to calculate static electric fields in all directions in all the space.
the only boundary condition is Ex=-1 (tangantial component with respect to the surface) on the top and bottom surfaces of the patch. I can not define this boundary condition, because available boundary conditions are only Neumann and Dirichlet boundary conditions with this formula d/dn and n.E (normal component to the surface), so I can not impose any tangential boundary conditions!!

can anyone help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back