Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Thermal sensor of a FAN cooler: Needed to identify

Status
Not open for further replies.

andre_luis

Super Moderator
Staff member
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

Could someone identify what component this is?
The mark code is apparently YAYAO71t (or TAYAO71t).

I searched on Google by using several variations on this , but I did not find anything.
It is a sensor of an FAN model AS12024HB389100 from the manufacturer ADDA, Chinese.

Device.png

I know it's an NTC, since disassembling the FAN, this is written on the PCB silk near the sensor wiring. Also, this sensor is placed close to the hot object in order to control the speed of rotation.

- - - Updated - - -

Done, I measured its resistence which give about 10K for 25oC, a well known NTC device.

Hi Brian, as updated above, I was able to deduce the value of the sensor, being important to mention that for the purpose in question, it had to be of a small body model, different from the photo, since the response in the ventilation action should be quick.

- - - Updated - - -

Another fact worth to mention is that different models of FAN boards from this manufacturer have the same PCB fully assembled, therefore I will check the feasibility to perform a small opening to weld the sensor at the wrong model. Luckly, the sensor pad is of the SMD type at the accessible side, and there are a lot of solder there. I'm assuming that the same firmware were written to all boards, once by cutting the sensor, the fan turns at the nominal rotation speed. (Note: lead time for import is prohibitive, the solution needs to be immediate).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back