Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CLT1310079B and PIC16F1947 the same MCU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eebhoi01

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I was hoping anyone could verify this to me. I'm currently studying a circuit board right now, and the chip it uses is CLT1310079B. I tried to look for its datasheet but google always shows me PIC16F1947 datasheet. I also found at a forum that both are the same, I am just not sure though he might googled the same thing and got the same answer as me.

I am sorry for asking this here, I am not even sure if this is the right place to ask. If these two cheap are the same, is this some sort of branding? By the way, the CLT1310079B is used by YAMAHA as controllers on their motorcycle dashboards.

Thank you.

It is quite likely the same device but pre-loaded in the factory with a specific program for Yamaha. Microchip provide a service where they provide the devices out of the factory with the customers software already loaded inside so it can go straight to the production line. When they do that, they usually mark it with a custom code according to the customers requirements. So CLT1310079B might mean "16F1947 with Yamaha program inside it". Note that in almost all cases, the code protection will be enabled so you can't clone it or make your own versions. Usually, you can erase the devices and re-use them as a normal MCU.

Brian.

It is quite likely the same device but pre-loaded in the factory with a specific program for Yamaha. Microchip provide a service where they provide the devices out of the factory with the customers software already loaded inside so it can go straight to the production line. When they do that, they usually mark it with a custom code according to the customers requirements. So CLT1310079B might mean "16F1947 with Yamaha program inside it". Note that in almost all cases, the code protection will be enabled so you can't clone it or make your own versions. Usually, you can erase the devices and re-use them as a normal MCU.

Brian.

Thank you, it really helped me a lot. Actually I am not planning to clone it, I just wanted to do some tweaking in the code so I can make it more personalized. I also got the pinouts of the pins. Anyhow thank you again.

'...tweaking in the code...' implies that you need to get the code first. As betwixt has said, that will almost certainly not be possible as they probably have the code protection set.
The only way you can alter any part of the FLASH memory is to do a full erase first - that is how the code protection is designed.
Of course if you already have the source code then you need no worry about code protection and just alter that.
Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.