Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any good optocoupler IC for voltage sensing with single voltage source

Status
Not open for further replies.

akh_power

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone suggest a good optocoupler IC, that I can use for voltage sensing with single voltage source. I am using ACPL currently, but it requires two voltage sources. When I use this IC for both primary and secondary side of my transformer isolated power converters, I need 3 separate voltages sources. Output side of the ACPL, I can use the same voltage source, but input side I need separate voltage sources.Otherwise, it will short both input and output side.

Hi,

"ACPL" is no exact device type. At farnell a search on "ACPL" gives more than 200 results.

I am using ACPL currently, but it requires two voltage sources
What do you mean?
Usually the input of an optocoupler simply is a LED. Although a LED has 2 pins, itjust needs one voltage source.

When I use this IC for both primary and secondary side of my transformer isolated power converters, I need 3 separate voltages sources
What does this mean? --> show your circuit.

All in all a very confusing, unelaborated post. (At least to me)

Klaus

There are a lot of optocouplers in use out there: pc817, 4n25, etc. They all work fine.

For the fact that you asked this question, it seems there is more to your question than I have attempted to answer.

The question makes sense if it refers to ACPL series of isolation amplifiers and sigma-delta modulators. However there's none with built-in power transmission to the primary side. Analog AD202 is an isolation amplifier with built-in DC/DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.