Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Post layout delay in cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

umaizameh

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can anyone tell me how to get the post layout delay of a combinational circuit like adder in cadence?
report_timing is not working and "NO contraints file found" is the message shown

Which exact Cadence tool are you using? Do you know *why* the constraints file is not found?

Did you synthesize the circuit with the Cadence synthesis tool called Genus?

Cadence's Innovus Place & Route tool has the following command

timeDesign -postRoute

As you can see without enough information from you we are going to be asking a lot of questions to try and understand what you are wanting to do.

report_timing is the right command, works in cadence innovus and cadence genus. your setup is wrong as you haven't provided an SDC file. that is what the tool is telling you.

report_timing is the right command, works in cadence innovus and cadence genus. your setup is wrong as you haven't provided an SDC file. that is what the tool is telling you.

sir, i am using cadence encounter.
first i dealt with counter design. In that design,i used timing_report command and it worked. i had a constraints file too..
Now i deal with adder circuits,which are purely combinational...what should be the contents of the constraints file,since i donot have a clk signal as input to my system.

Thanks in advance

- - - Updated - - -

also the message shown when using report_timing is "No constrained timing paths. Design may not be constrained or library is miising timing information"

In Synopsys SDC there are commands set_max_delay/set_min_delay - they are for non-sync paths. Try them (or Innovus analogs) for constraining your combinational circuit.

another way - create virtual clock and assign set_input_delay/set_output_delay for your ports related to this virtual clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back