Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about electric and magnetic Hertizian dipoles

Status
Not open for further replies.

sqx

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If I'm correct, if I put a electric current dipole along X axis, and a magnetic current dipole along Y axis (both sources are at the origin), I think I'll have an antenna that is almost only propagating towards the upper space in the coordinate system. If we only observe Z axis, the two fields will be superposition for positive Z axis, and cancellation for negative Z axis.

First question: Am I correct about this condition?

Second question: Can I make such an antenna by placing a wire along X axis and a small loop along Y axis to create such a condition and get a single direction antenna without a reflector plate?

The z-axis represents the poynting vector, having a direction of propagation orthogonal to the xy plane, which is indeed the superposition of both x-axis (electric) and y-axis(magnetic) vectors; I would agree with most statements of the 1st phrase, except "and cancellation for negative Z axis". Are you talking about reflection ? Are you considering either superposition/cancelation scenarios on z-axis occuring at different places on the axis, and happening at different times ?

Symmetry considerations seem to contradict your assumption at first sight. In any case phase and magnitude relation of both sources matter for the superimposed characteristic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back