Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Marconi 2955B Power Meter Fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

simo666

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello I have a Marconi 2955B with a RF Power meter problem,
On a chunks of frequencies it reads the power level low and 25KHz up it reads ok , I have checked my power source and it is fine against two other meters so it is a issue with the 2955B,
It will be ok for a few MHz then will be bad for like 10MHz , It reads the power correct for a few seconds then it re calculates again and reads low 50W becomes 33W

Any help would be great, I do have another 2955B as wonder i i could juts swap the dummy load of all the plug in boards to locate the fault?
ok Many thanks

Intermittent problems are the most frustrating.
Start by troubleshooting things that are easy to do, or easy to check, or easy to put back the way they were, or are not troublesome if you do something wrong.

Swapping dummy loads seems like an easy and obvious thing to try. Watch for obvious behavior that could indicate a problem. Watch power supply voltage, tap components, examine with a magnifier for fractures in solder joints and pcb traces. Watch whether the problem occurs after the unit warms up or while it is cold.

33W is two-thirds of 50W. Is the drop always to 2/3 of initial reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back