Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with USB Flash drive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I having a problem with my Flash drive. It is an LG 2.0 256MB flash drive. I noticed that it is no longer possible to write or read to it. I receive the message " the disk is not formatted". If I try to format it using windows XP ,98 ..., I does'nt format."cannot format the disk". Please can someone help me out. This is happening to me a second time, as i have already lost one of a different make the same way.

I have similar problem with my
"pen-drive" EMTEC 256MB,

In my case it is the software problem.
Device works OK in XP or 2000 , but in win98 it depends.

Sometime it work if pen-drive is inserted to USB before power on.
Somtimes quite opposite, it works if connected during normal work.
Sometimes I get "blue screen" (unexpected error at location....)
Sometimes I get the same communicate as presented in original post: "remowebable disk is not formatted" (but after the power-off/of it works OK - no formatting is necessary)
Sometime removing "pen" from USB and insertin it again correct the problem.

I do not have a clue what procedure should be used for getting the stable work (or at least repetitive behaving).
I must add, that I have installed original software drivers for win98,
and the problems appear on few computers (even on the one with "virgin" WIN98 system)

After few months the problem dissappeared, (I do not know why).
At the moment on Win 98 I am getting communicate that the "removable disc" is not available" and after disconnecting and connecting again the files appear.
The similar problem is with WinXP , but the communicate is more direct "please insert the USB device" , the removing and inserting make the pen-drive be seen by the system.
I must admit, that in case of photo cameras (Konica Minolta, Sony) such things never happen. The files are always seen after first connection of cameras USB to PC and the system is always stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back