Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS Master/Slave boundary conditions: Contact maps are ambiguous execution error

Status
Not open for further replies.

srijan.rio

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all

I am trying to simulate metamaterial lens (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sna.2010.12.004)

I am able to apply the master/slave boundary conditions for the 1D case.

However for the 2D case, it is showing a runtime warning as: Matching boundary process might encounter unexpected conditions because the contact maps are ambiguous. Ending this meshing attempt, starting the next attempt

After that the simulation is stopped by the error.
Surface Mesh Generation Failed. Simulation completed with execution error on server: Local Machine. (8:18:42 PM Feb 06, 2019)

From the other warning messages, it seems as if since the master to slave mapping has multiple contacts due to the 2D structure, it is unable to do the meshing. What can be the done to simulate such a model?

I have attached the HFSS model for reference. Any help will be much appreciated.

Attachments

• Unit cell_fl port.zip
    67.9 KB · Views: 162

The Master/Slave boundaries need to have the exact same geometries touching both the Master and Slave. Since you have different dielectrics on the master side than on the slave side, it can't generate a mesh.

I'd recommend inserting a thin dielectric slab of equal dimensions on both sides between your structure and the master/slave boundaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back