Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronics system design

Status
Not open for further replies.

sutapanaki

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I would like to get your opinion on the best books or courses to study system design in electronics. And by that I don't mean Signals and Systems kind of books or Circuits books. Rather material that talks about designing specifications. For example principles in choosing noise level and noise budget. Or specifying number of bits for data converters or distortion levels or amount of jitter, etc. Designing for that is one thing, what I'm interested in is specifying those parameters before design starts.

Thanks

The Art of Electronics is your best bet I think.

As you can see from the title it doesn't just cover the math or details of any single subject but instead broadly covers almost the entirety of electronic design in a common sense fashion (including tables of real life components for example).

I'm not sure any book can tell you what noise requirements your specific system needs but what this book will do is get you to understand noise (in all its forms) well enough that you'll be able to answer that yourself.

In addition to The Art of electronics book , you must see the AnalogDevices Application Notes and Their Magazine 'AnalogDialogue ' for the design insights you require.

Thanks for the suggestion. I know about this book and I often use the gm/Id approach. But what I meant was books on system design not systematic design.

Status
Not open for further replies.