Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS Simulation with multiple lumped excitations

Status
Not open for further replies.

hochfrequenz

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to simulate a phased array antenna of 5 elements using HFSS v13. I want to see the results in terms of radiation pattern and S11 parameters so I understand that I have to use a lumped port. So i gave a lumped port each for the elements and changed their offset phase in the HFSS>Fields>Edit Sources setting. However, on simulation, my radiation patterrn is similar to that of a single microstrip antenna, i.e Omni-directional above the ground plane. How can I simulate the collective effect of all elements or all excitations acting simultaneously? As far as I understand, only the central element is being fed an excitation and the other ports are acting like matched terminations.
I have attached images of my design and results
Capture.JPG
Capture1.JPG
Capture2.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back