Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Report detailed area in Design Compiler/ Cadence Innovus

Status
Not open for further replies.

oAwad

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If I'm using Design Compiler + Cadenece Innovus to synthesis and place&route a structural design, how to report the area and percentage that each block (structure) takes from the total design area? I'd like to determine the area that each block consumes so that I optimize it first. Any info. how to do this in either tool would be helpful.
Thanks

If I'm using Design Compiler + Cadenece Innovus to synthesis and place&route a structural design, how to report the area and percentage that each block (structure) takes from the total design area? I'd like to determine the area that each block consumes so that I optimize it first. Any info. how to do this in either tool would be helpful.
Thanks

you need to report area hierarchically, that's all. just use report_area without any arguments and it should give you the data you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back