Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulation of radiation of gyrating electron with ANSYS

Status
Not open for further replies.

adoblham

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys,

I'm quite new to ANSYS and to the area of hf simulations in general. My problem is as follows:

I would like to simulate the radiation of an electron, which is gyrating in a magnetic field. I assume, that the electron has an initial energy of 20 keV. According to my calculations, an electron of that energy in a magnetic field of 0.1 Tesla has a Larmor frequency of approx. 2.69 GHz.

Is there a way to simulate the spectrum of the radiation that the electron emits within the ANSYS Electromagnetics Suite?

In a second step, I'd like to put the electron in a cavity and see, how the emitted radiation of the electron couples to the eigenmodes of the cavity. I already drew the cavity in HFSS and did an eigenmode analysis. I'm just not quite sure how I can create an excitation in the cavity that mimics radiation emitted by a gyrating electron.

Can somebody give me a quick pointer on how I should approach this project? Is there an ANSYS-program for simulating the radiation of accelerated electrons? Is there a way to use the results of this calculation as an excitation in HFSS?

I'm sorry if my questions were confusing and/or a bit stupid. As I said, I'm still quite new to this whole subject.

Thanks in advance,

Andreas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back