Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CADSTAR help needed with documentation symbols

Status
Not open for further replies.

ian_t

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I'm new to CADSTAR but have used just about every other PCB package with out this problem and support don't seem to want to help figure it out.
I would like to create a set of notes that could be pulled into a design time after time from the library, and then edited. It's dumb text/lines, stuff like manufacturing/assembly notes.
It appears I can create a symbol for this, but it's not changeable once in the design. How do other get round this ?, I could of course create a DXF file to read in every time.
Cheers, Ian

Yes, ISTR You can do this depending upon what version CADSTAR you use.

There are documentation attributes that can be made, then you place that attribute in the symbol.
Then once in the design you can change the attribute value by double clicking on it or bringing up the attribute editor.

For regular used notes you can create alternative versions of the symbol and simply replace them in the design.

Seems you just cannot get support that knows what they are talking about any more :)

If I have gone to the effort to help you etc then please have the decency to at least acknowledge it and do not just ask a question then never come back..

Ah well.... It seems Ian is a 1 post wonder.

Hi, I'm new to CADSTAR but have used just about every other PCB package with out this problem and support don't seem to want to help figure it out.
I would like to create a set of notes that could be pulled into a design time after time from the library, and then edited. It's dumb text/lines, stuff like manufacturing/assembly notes.
It appears I can create a symbol for this, but it's not changeable once in the design. How do other get round this ?, I could of course create a DXF file to read in every time.
Cheers, Ian

Or just have a text document, that you could cut and paste in, many options. Support can't help you when the software dose not allow exactly what you want, you have to improvise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back