Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ANSYS Q3D doubts about Capacitance and Inductance

Status
Not open for further replies.

sai1234

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello people,

I am working on a project which involves optimization and for that reason I have started learning Maxwell 3D with which I was comfortable and was able to find my way around.

But, now since I have begun with Q3D I have had some troubles, which are -

1) When I try to find the parasitic inductance of a capacitor i.e., bz modelling a capacitor separated by a background material or a block of dielectric-
a) Do we need to define source(So) teminal and (Si) terminal in alternating manner (So-Si-DiE-Si-So)to say parallel plates of the capacitor? if yes, then this results in a 2x2 solution matrix with self capacitance. Does this self capcitance have any significanec in real world?
b) Is there any other way to find the parasitic inductance of a capcitor with just a 1x1 solution matrix.

2) Secondly, for optimization studies, what I want to find is the part or partial inductances of diffrent branches of a branched busbar. Something like 'E' where one end will act as source and one more as a sink. What i would like here is to be able to find the inductances of individual segments of the letter 'E'.
(My progress with this has hit a dead end as seprate conductors just touching each other are aso considered as a single net in ANSYS)

TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back