Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i2c sensor connection on analog port

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshh

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there any problem to connect dht11 humidity sensor on analog port, however it uses I2C

Hi,

I'm confused.

I2C is a digital interface.
And the DHT11 only use this interface, they can't output analog signals.

Give precise informations.
A sketch will help to avoid confusion.

Klaus

Hi,
DHT11 has four pins namely DATA LINES,VDD,GND... Data lines are single wire each but in both ways. Refer the datasheet. It clearly says complete data transmission is of 40 bits. So, no analog pins out from DHT11 sensor.

Most microcontrollers have multiple uses for various pins. For example, the ubiquitous ATmega328 uses PORT C for analog input. It also uses PORT C bits 4 and 5 for I2C SDA and SCL in digital mode. A quick reference to the data sheet for the processor you are using should reveal whether an analog pin can alternatively be configured as a digital pin.

It is not clear whether OP wants to share a just added I2C device with an analog port in use, both working alternately, or if the issue is how to configure the muxes of the microcontroller - as all we are guessing. A few more words spent would avoid this thread become useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.