Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Active front end rectifier - single phase, current

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeRiderCz

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, im trying to simulate this scheme:

rectifier.png

and i kinda fail with 2 important things. First of all the COMPHYS1 block (comparator with hysteresis) is made from nonexist library from my point of view, the inner structure should look like this:

comparator.png

But i dont know how to make ETABLE block with only 1 In and Out, also i dont know how can i put IC=IC_SW (i think its some kind of parameter but i fail to find how to put it in scheme and get it working). And in the first schematic i dont know how to edit Switch part to get only P1 (so i can control switches by that comparator with hysteresis and get functional single phase current active front end rectivier)

Any idea how can i do these "tricks" ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:

Oh i forgot to mention, im using OrCad 16.6

I´ve got it from one text book (Guidlines for simulations 2016) and there is only specified its COMPHSY which is part in power electronics library. i try to look up for that comparator but i didnt find it anywhere so i try to create that scheme with shown schematics.

- - - Updated - - -

Also i didnt make this simulation yet coz of problems i got with some of blocks shown in schematics i was unable to make. (Switches, COMPHSY block and IC_SW parameter)

I´ve got it from one text book (Guidlines for simulations 2016) and there is only specified its COMPHSY which is part in power electronics library. i try to look up for that comparator but i didnt find it anywhere so i try to create that scheme with shown schematics.

- - - Updated - - -

Also i didnt make this simulation yet coz of problems i got with some of blocks shown in schematics i was unable to make. (Switches, COMPHSY block and IC_SW parameter)

The libraries you are using are incorrect. OrCad has libraries for simulation and without simulation models. Posting what I asked for and the circuit would help a lot. You need to use different parts to simulate this, but it will be best to ask on the OrCad support forum.

The libraries you are using are incorrect. OrCad has libraries for simulation and without simulation models. Posting what I asked for and the circuit would help a lot. You need to use different parts to simulate this, but it will be best to ask on the OrCad support forum.

Wchich libraries do you mean exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back