Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED Driver Ground question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winsu

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I have got a LED Driver which has got Dim analog functionality. I want to use the analog functionality to dim the current, for that I have designed a circuit to control the input voltage to the Analog Dim input of the LED driver. The thing is that the datasheet of the LED Driver specifies that the DIM- pin can not be connected to Vin- . I was planning to use just one power supply for the LED Driver and for the circuit to control the Analog DIM, but I have tested the LED driver with two power supplies, one for LED Driver and another one for the Analog DIM and it has worked perfectly fine. I'm tempted to connected Vin - to DIM- to see what happens. It seems weird to me that I cant connect that as the Analog Dim must have the same reference that the LED Driver( I guess it is done internally). Another option would be to stick a resistor in DIM- and use just one power supply. The LED Driver that I'm talking about is one LDH-45 series. If anyone has had some experience with something like this in the past would be very helpful.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.