Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADE9078 Energy Meter & Rogowski Coil Clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.

eebhoi01

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I just want to clarify my confusion. I am making a power quality measuring equipment using ADE9078 chip and will be using a Rogowski coil as a current sensor. My question is, from what I know, Rogowski coil needs an Integrator to do its function, but the ADE9078 has built-in "Digital Integrator". Will I still need an Rogowski Coil Integrator or can I connect the rogowski coil end wires directly to the recommended anti-aliasing circuit of the ADE9078 as per datasheet?

Also I also would like to ask, I have seen 50Hz rated Rogowski coil used to measure 60Hz system. Won't this affect the reading especially if I wanted to monitor harmonics?

Thank you in advance. I am new to Rogowski and I find the ADE9078 datasheet insufficient to clear my doubts.

can I connect the rogowski coil end wires directly to the recommended anti-aliasing circuit of the ADE9078 as per datasheet?
Yes. You can refer to the EVAL-ADE9078EBZ User Guide to see how a Rogowski coil is connected.

Rogowski coils are in case of doubt better for measuring harmonics than a current transformer. 50 versus 60 Hz doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back