Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Polarization of the incident and scattered field in HFSS/CST?

Status
Not open for further replies.

romina_k_vala

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to use full polarimteric method (HH HV VV VH) in order to reconstruct the image. I'm using a mutistatic architecture and while one antenna transmits, others should receive its co/cross polarized signal.I know the theory but I don't know how to perform it in CST. I need to measure the amplitude and the phase of these signals in each location. For instance, if I sent a horizontal polarized signal as an incident field, the scattered E-field components should be vertical polarized and I should determine them where my receivers are.

Firstly, does any specific antennas should be used for this purpose or I can do it with simple open-waveguide antennas?

Secondly, I have read papers about remote sensing, SAR and through-wall-imaging and this method was used in them, however, there are all in the farfield zone. I would like to get the data from polarization in nearfield.

I would really appreciate it if you could assist me in any way

Firstly, does any specific antennas should be used for this purpose or I can do it with simple open-waveguide antennas?

OEWG probes are the general go-to for a number of good characteristics, but for your application bandwidth might be an issue. If I more bandwidth on my receiver, I'll generally go for a horn.

OEWGs are also a lot less directive, so they will be more prone to picking up multipath effects; if you need higher gain for your application (to increase SNR), I'd also go with a horn.

Thank you for your help. I also have another question. If I wanted my horn antenna to generate E-field along theta (only has E_theta), what should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back