Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Delay problem in cascading mux(2*1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sambhav_1

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
problem.PNG
Hi,
As shown in the figure, there are 2 mux connected, suppose while testing single mux the delay from its input to output is 'x' ,but when i cascode these 2 mux, the delay given by the each mux is different. the delay by the last mux from where i am getting the input is significantly less than previous mux(delay by last mux is 70ps whereas the previous mux 's is giving 78ps and there are many mux's connected in real design).
i am using this part in my mix signal design.
i want to know the reason why the delay by last block is less then previous ones and how i can make the delays same.
Thanks in advance

What you refer to as "delay" may be the total delay measured, as being the sum of the internal delay added to the rise time of both the modules inputs and outputs - assuming zero initial state. Try adding another MUX at the output of the 2nd module acting just like a load, to see that now both "delays" will be closest.

Hi,

Why don´t you use a "non cascoded" 4:1 MUX?

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.