Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED Driver IC for a whole Strip

Status
Not open for further replies.

lastfreename

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone!

I hope someone can help me with this question:

I'm looking for a LED IC that can control an entire LED strip (RGB, approx. 20LED) as a whole. I.e., the whole strip should behave like a neopixel in a WS2812b strip. I am thinking here of strips that have four connectors (R,G,B, GND) like this one:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/1-30M-LED-S...2dda9182:m:mlsBJ-pv3Nj842xIeiqBbFg:rk:17:pf:0

At the end I need to control about 20 strips in total.
I already found the WS2811 IC. But I will probably not be able to connect 20LEDs to it because of the power consumption.

Do you have an idea?
Josh

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Hi,

Electronics has to do with voltage and current...
But none of this I see in your post.

Additionally I miss what you mean with "control" .
No information whether you mean just ON/OFF, or brightness control. How many colors, what resolution, how many channels...

Is this a riddle?

Klaus

Hi,

Electronics has to do with voltage and current...
But none of this I see in your post.

a strip with 12V / 6A

Additionally I miss what you mean with "control" .
No information whether you mean just ON/OFF, or brightness control. How many colors, what resolution, how many channels...

control with an Arduino like a WS2812b RGB neopixel, i.e. color, brightness..

- - - Updated - - -

one strip will need 12V and 6A.

I want to control each strip like a RGB neopixel with an Arduino, i.e. color and brigthness

one strip will need 12V and 6A.
2A per color channel if I understand right. So you'll drive three MOSFET transistors, each capable of switching 12V/2A, to your Arduino and control the LED brightness by PWM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back