Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to run .scs netlist file cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

npsnpsnps

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have .scs netlist. I want to run the simulation specified in the netlist. How to run ? Any leads would be appreciated. I tried to just load the file like it is done for ocean script (load "filename.scs") is it the same for netlist or any other method ?

Are you using ADE L or ADE XL? In ADE XL right click on the test name in the data view, and there should be an option to "add simulation files" or something similar. I don't remember where you should add the file exatly, but that panel is used to add .dspf file, or other model files with .scs extension for example, and it will be added to the netlist.

So do I have to create a schematic view and then add the file somewhere in ADE L ? I did not understand the "right click on the test name in the data view". is this available in ADE L ?

No, not available on the same way, but in ADE L in the test editor under the Options menu maybe, or under an other menu point there is a "Simulation files" choice, which is the same as in ADE XL. There are different lines to add DSPF or Stimulus files to the simulator. You can add your .scs file there, but I am not sure it will work totally. I used that window to add my own created .scs file to save operating points as a transient signal, years ago.

I have .scs netlist.
I want to run the simulation specified in the netlist.
How to run ?
What simulator do you use ?

I tried to just load the file like it is done for ocean script (load "filename.scs")
is it the same for netlist
No.
Ocean is a Skill Language.

or any other method ?
Of course, yes.
It depends on Simulator you use.

So do I have to create a schematic view
and then add the file somewhere in ADE L ?
No.

You can do anything from Linux Command Line.

Friendly reminder that Cadence is a company, not a tool. The simulator you want is most likely Spectre.

Hi. Exactly. I used a spectre command and its working. Problem solved. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back