Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help in LED controlling

Status
Not open for further replies.
#betwixt

Ref voltage is connected to INV+ or INV- pin in your circuit ?

Depends on the power control circuit, it will work both ways, one will make the comparator output high when more than two solenoids active, swap them and the output will go low instead.

Brian.

Here is the circuit that I made referring betwixt's circuit. All resistors connected to switches are 10k. There is a slight problem. If I don't use 100u then circuit doesn't work because the switch circuit's output voltage fluctuates a lot doe to ground connected to neutral.

If I use 100u then there is slight problem in simulator that is when 3rd lamp is turned ON then it initially turns ON for 2 sec and then all lamps turns OFF.

Edit:

Changed the circuit a little. SVCv2.1. Both SVCv2 and SVCv2.1 works.

Attachments

• SVCv2.rar
    60.1 KB · Views: 31
  • SVCv2.png
    SVCv2.png
    111.6 KB · Views: 58
  • SVCv2.1.rar
    60 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

I anticipated the voltage drop problem but without a specification for the solenoids it is difficult to see how much it is likely to be. However, to mitigate the problem I used a comparator and increased the supply voltage. Increasing the voltage makes the voltage drop in the wiring less significant. You have again dropped the supply and used an op-amp. If anything I would have done the opposite and run the comparator and resistor chain from a higher voltage.

Nevertheless, I think you would agree it can be much simpler than originally proposed!

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back