Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[ARM] Problem with VPC USB FS and STM32F103VET6 device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tucx

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Community,

I purchased a Cortex-M3 STM32F103VET6 board and trying to implement USB FS on it. I'm using CubeMX to generate code, the version is up to date and i'm using the latest firmware libraries (FW_F1_V1.6.1). After compile USB device doesn't appear on the Device Manager.

Are there somebody who can help me fix this problem.

Thanks and BRs,

I bought this evaluation board from the devicemart.co.kr website.

https://imgur.com/a/pe8RdoY

I created a STM32CubeMX project with some setting change like below:
- RCC: HSE: Crystal/Ceramic Resonator
- SYS: Debug: Serial Wire
- USB: Turn on Device (FS)
- USB Device: Communication Device Class (VPC)
- Others: Default

Then, I generate code and flash into this device. However, nothing appears in the Device Manager tree.

I tried to increase the Minimum Heap Size to 0x1000 follow this link: https://community.st.com/s/article/FAQ-USB-device-not-recognized
but its same phenomenon.

Attachments

• STM32F103VET figure.PNG
    STM32F103VET figure.PNG
    287.2 KB · Views: 114
  • Datasheet.jpg
    Datasheet.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 97

Does your device actually have an 8MHz crystal connected to pins 12 and 13 on the MCU? Many of the ST-based development boards I've seen have the 32kHz crystal for the real time clock but rely on the internal oscillator for main system clock.
The schematic does show the 8MHz crystal but also says that it is socketed - you may need to add it yourself.
The alternative is to use the internal oscillator and the internal PLLs to get the correct frequency for the USB device. The clock tab in the STMCubeMX IDE will tell you when you have it right.
One other way to tell is to start with something simpler such as the flash a LED, or even try to debug a simple bit if code - if the code runs at all then the system clock settings are OK (although the frequency may still be wrong).
Susan

Does your device actually have an 8MHz crystal connected to pins 12 and 13 on the MCU? Many of the ST-based development boards I've seen have the 32kHz crystal for the real time clock but rely on the internal oscillator for main system clock.
The schematic does show the 8MHz crystal but also says that it is socketed - you may need to add it yourself.
The alternative is to use the internal oscillator and the internal PLLs to get the correct frequency for the USB device. The clock tab in the STMCubeMX IDE will tell you when you have it right.
One other way to tell is to start with something simpler such as the flash a LED, or even try to debug a simple bit if code - if the code runs at all then the system clock settings are OK (although the frequency may still be wrong).
Susan

Device has an 8MHz crystal connected to pins 12 and 13 on the MCU.
I already tried to make some sample codes using I2C, SPI, Led blink and debug these source using ST-Link V2. It works normally.
The remaining problem is the connecting problem with the computer using Micro-USB (USART1).

No, drivers is not a problem. If computer react anyhow that at least something is connected, then yes - check vid and pid, drivers and e.t.c.
Seems to be he doesn't have a 1.5k enabled to D+. In many cases I just connect it directly to vdd, but here it probably need to have a logic pin in high state.
Even with erased flash and no oscillation computer will report that it is connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.