Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How create negative voltage -700mV - -1000mV 30mA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadeit

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need create negative voltage -700 - -1000mV max current 30mA (typical 5mA) from positive +5 or +3,3V and and all that best in simple and small.
I thing switching capacitor , but small SMD IC have fixed output for example -3,3 or mirrored to the input voltage and I need -700mV ,

Any idea?

Hi,

What about a SC voltage inverter plus a negative voltage regulator?
Maybe there are even combined ICs.

Did you use selection tools provided by the manufacturers?

Klaus

You can use restive divider for voltage splinting + & - voltage for small current application Split voltage.png

My application not simple and dot low power , I need only small negative for tree CMOS op amp and GND must be GND.

> What about a SC voltage inverter plus a negative voltage regulator?
honestly, I do not even know the integrated negative regulator for one volt or less

Hi,

honestly, I do not even know the integrated negative regulator for one volt or less

Neither do I.
Thus one of us or you should use the selection tools provided by the manufacturers.
Did you use selection tools provided by the manufacturers?

I recommend you do this on your own.

Klaus

This is a simple negative polarity charge pump circuit. You may find you can use a 555 IC for the role of both clock and half-bridge. Or perhaps it won't work from a 3.3v supply... then you'll probably need to construct an astable multivibrator.

neg polarity charge pump -800mV 30mA driven from half-bridge clk 4v.png

- - - Updated - - -

The output is negative, referenced to 0v ground.

Use the classic 7660 IC (has been around for decades) in voltage inverting mode, and clamp the output with a series combination of a small signal diode plus a schottky. A 1N4148 and a 1N5711 should work.

Jadeit
v_out of ICL7660 depend on capacitors
so v_out not staple

Hi,

This sounds as if one could control the output voltage by modifying the capacitor value.
Where in the ICL7660 did you read this statement?

Klaus

Jadeit
so v_out not staple

That would be the purpose of the output clamping diodes.

Also where did you read that voltage changes with capacitance on a 7660?

Regulated SC voltage inverters are available with -1.2V Vref, e.g. lm27761. You may introduce an intentional offset to the feedback path to get lower output voltage.

Another option, an unregulated SC inverter in combination with one of the very few negative voltage regulators exposing less than -1.2 Vref, e.g. ADP7183.

Hi,

So output voltage depends on a lot of parameters...

The whole thing is a voltage inverter with series resistance.

Klaus

Hi
@ KlausST : yes sir it's
@ Jadeit : I wish you all the best and success

Status
Not open for further replies.