Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How this circuit works

Status
Not open for further replies.

ku637

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello ,

Can some one help me understanding how this circuit functions? Basically the emitter terminal of T2 is used as a power supply in an application circuit.(I have shown like 12k ,as current requirement is low)

Is this a darlington pair arrangement? R2 15k confuses me.. Can some one explain how it is working?

bjt.JPG

Sorry there has been a mistake .. both the supplies are 24V only no 48V in the system..forgive the mistake in figure..

Last edited:

Reactions: ku637

ku637

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Is this a darlington pair arrangement?
Yes.
R2 15k confuses me..
Why, base-emitter pull-down resistor is even built-in with many power darlington transistors, review datasheets. Its purpose is also reduction of leakage current.

ku637

Thank you for the input.. what can be the purpose of 47Ohms any suggestion? is it to limit the output drive current?

Thank you for the input.. what can be the purpose of 47Ohms any suggestion? is it to limit the output drive current?

Yes. Probably the only purpose.

ku637

Status
Not open for further replies.