Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design a CMOS LNA working on about 90MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

fun.zhao

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to design a LNA work on 75MHz~108MHz (FM Receiver frequency band)
But I find it difficult to do.
My specifiction is :
CMOS tech (0.18um), NF<2dB, integrated on receiver. without external inductor (exclude impedance matching inductor)
Can someone gime me some advise or thesis? thanks very much!

CMOS Radio Frequency Integrated Circuit Design by Thomas H. Lee covers LNA Design in Detail, for optimizing the transistor sizing for minimum Noise Figure with a power constraint and matching. That will be very useful. I think I would go designing it using a simple single stage cascoded common source amplifier with a matching network and Inductors simulated in ASITIC. Also I will try to make it in PMOS to reduce flicker Noise. What gain and Power consumption are you aiming for?

I can't using integrated inductor. Because the working frequency is very low, so CMOS tech inductor very large, and Q will lower. bonding wire inductor is small.
I think shunt feed amplifier maybe well. But how can I improve NF?
IEEE JSSC 2004.02 have a paper about thermal noise canceling, But I can't get NF lower than 2dB as it.

Status
Not open for further replies.