Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC for adding turn ON delay but zero turn off delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selvam_Perumal

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Have anyone seen an IC that can add turn on delay for a PWM but zero turn OFF delay

Hi,

I'd say "zero" is not possible.
Even a piece of wire causes a delay.

--> give values for expected turn ON delay (range, values with units)
--> give value for acceptable turn OFF delay (value with unit, no phrase like "as short as possible")
Maybe even useful information: logic family and voltages, PWM frequency, a brief description of your application..

Klaus

Hi,

At the risk of looking stupid because I'm not sure what sort of thing you're looking for, a dual MOSFET and a few passive components could be used for an ON delay, especially if it is just to control an enable pin or similar rather than a power path. This simulation looks promising to create a delay, if it's reliably accurate. Sharper turn on after the delay would need something like a comparator added.

ON DELAY NO OFF DELAY.JPG

Useful pwm dead times are in the range of a few ns for GaN or SiC power stages up to us for IGBT. A popular method to implement it in the analog domain are RCD circuits. Also a combination of symmetrical RC delays and logic gates. Monoflops can work too, but I didn't yet feel a need to use it. Digital pwm controllers (uC or PLD) will use timers.

Reactions: d123

d123

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.