Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[AVR] Problem with QFP32 Socket and tl866 burner to burn Atmega8A(SMD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

japanetn

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I use TL866 burner to burn Atmega8A-PU. Now I want to burn Atmega8A-AU (SMD). For that I bought a QFP32 Socket (Adapter) but I dont know how to place IC on socket and how to place socket on burner (TL866). I shared socket on burner picture with attachment.

715bf8c7-d480-4e0a-ae6d-e392711d7782.jpgOriginal-MiniPro-TL866-Willem-Bios-Programmer-TL866cs-Universal-Programmer-High-Performance-Upda.jpg

Hi,

You'd better thougt about this before you bought it.

You need to ensure that the wiring is in same order as with the AtMega8 DIP case.
Maybe you need an additional adapter for this, because you can't be sure that every random QFP32 socket is identical.

Klaus

Hi,

You'd better thougt about this before you bought it.

You need to ensure that the wiring is in same order as with the AtMega8 DIP case.
Maybe you need an additional adapter for this, because you can't be sure that every random QFP32 socket is identical.

Klaus

Hi KlausST, Thanks for reply.
When I bought it they told me this adapter will compatible with TL866. But now I cant understand how can I use it.

Hi,

Do the pins at the bottom side of the QFP adapter fit into the ZIF socket of the programmer? Usually pin1 to pin1.
(From the pictures it doesn't seem so).

Klaus

Hi,

Do the pins at the bottom side of the QFP adapter fit into the ZIF socket of the programmer? Usually pin1 to pin1.
(From the pictures it doesn't seem so).

Klaus

Hi Klaus, Yes it fit into the ZIF socket of the pragrammer every pin to pin.

This is my product link.
**broken link removed**

Hi,

and what exactly is the problem then?

IC in adapter socket: Pin1 on pin1
Adapter in programmer: pin1 on pin1.

Klaus

A compatible Atmega8 QFP32 to DIP28 adapter would be expected to have 28 pins.

The shown adapter has 32 pins, I guess it has a 1:1 pin wiring (you may have already checked). In this case, the adapter can be only used with a specific programmer if the programmer is prepared for performing the required pin mapping. You should check the documentation.

- - - Updated - - -

I found that newer TL866 II supports ATmega QFP32 programming but TL866 doesn't. It would require a special wired adapter according to DIP28 pin mapping. See the information for TL866 II below.

qfp32.PNG

A compatible Atmega8 QFP32 to DIP28 adapter would be expected to have 28 pins.

The shown adapter has 32 pins, I guess it has a 1:1 pin wiring (you may have already checked). In this case, the adapter can be only used with a specific programmer if the programmer is prepared for performing the required pin mapping. You should check the documentation.

- - - Updated - - -

I found that newer TL866 II supports ATmega QFP32 programming but TL866 doesn't. It would require a special wired adapter according to DIP28 pin mapping. See the information for TL866 II below.

View attachment 150603

Hi FvM, Thanks for reply. I am clear from your post. I understand why QFP32/DIP32 socket not working with TL866 burner. I need QFP32/DIP28 socket to work properly with TL866 burner.

Best Regards.

Hi all, I made a pcb as QFP32 to DIP28. Now I can read Atmega8a-SMD IC but It cant finish program. I dont know what is problem. I shared some picture with attachment as evidence. Please help me about this.

Hi,

what´s the programming voltage and the programming SCK frequency?
What´s your fuse setup?

Please confirm: The programmer usues serial programming mode?

Klaus

Hi,

what´s the programming voltage and the programming SCK frequency?
What´s your fuse setup?

Please confirm: The programmer usues serial programming mode?

Klaus

My fuse setup is Low byte - 0x83 and High byte - 0xC9. I selected 40p adapter as Interface. I giving another image with attachment as evidence.bandicam 2019-01-26 11-25-33-267.jpg

Hi,

My fuse setup is Low byte - 0x83 and High byte - 0xC9.
Sadly you give just half of the information I asked for.
And the given infirmations are different as shown in the third picture of post#10, where it says Lfuse, Hfuse= 0x61, 0xDF.

How can we know what is correct?

Klaus

Maybe I'm being too simplistic but assuming the two devices are identical except for packaging, the pins for one should match the pins for the other for programming purposes.

Pick a unique pin used for programming (avoid VSS for example that might be on more than one pin), note its DIP pin number, then find which equivalent pin on the QFP32 goes to that DIP pin on the adapter. Line them up and you should be good to go. Two minute job to look or buzz with a continuity tester should be all it takes.

Brian.

Hi,

assuming the two devices are identical except for packaging, the pins for one should match the pins for the other for programming purposes.

I think it's the same die.
But the DIL package has 28 pins and the QFP package has 32 pins.
The the numbers can't be the same.
But the names should match.
And from a quick view I think the self made PCB is wired correctly.

Klaus

Hi,

Sadly you give just half of the information I asked for.
And the given infirmations are different as shown in the third picture of post#10, where it says Lfuse, Hfuse= 0x61, 0xDF.

How can we know what is correct?

Klaus

Hi sir, After read chip showing fuse bit Lfuse, Hfuse= 0x61, 0xDF. and before program I set Lfuse, Hfuse= 0x83, 0xC9. I share an image for evidence.

How can i get the programming voltage and the programming SCK frequency?

bandicam 2019-01-26 19-18-56-793.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.