Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Regarding MIPI LCD Connection Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakibnaz

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All.

I am doing a project where I need to interface a small 1.54" LCD (with MIPI Interface) with a CPU SoM Board. I am very new in MIPI interfacing.

FYI, below is the pin detail of the LCD and CPU SoM.

Can anyone please advise the wire connection between LCD and CPU Connector?

Also I found my LCD is MIPI 1-Lane. It will be great if anyone can share helpful links for difference and pros/cons of different Lane's of MIPI interface.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Attachments

• MIPI_Connection.png
    MIPI_Connection.png
    139.7 KB · Views: 179

Hi;
I am not an expert on that, but some background on LVDS type LCD panels.
Based on that, you need to connect MIPI_DSI_CP/N of CPU board to TCP/N pins of LCD. Those are differential high speed signals. Connect N(egative) to N, P(ositive) to P. Similarly, use MIPI_DSI_DP0/N0 to TDP0/N0 pins of LCD.
As the screen resolution increases, number of lanes increases (to be able to transfer image, because each lane has a limited bandwidth capability in Mbps). Since your LCD is 1.54" its resolution should be ok for 1-lane.
Check LCD spec carefully, it may be request some power up timing for VDD and IOVDD (ie one should be ramp earlier than other etc).
Somehow, I also expect that, you need to configure CPU board to drive LCD over 1-lane with defined resolution information.

Hope helps.
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back