Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ISE Project navigator while implementation is turned off

Status
Not open for further replies.

frdm90

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, during implementation in ISE PN (specifically during fit) the program is unexpectedly turns off, without any error or warning. Does anyone know why?

Does anyone know why?
No.
You can report it to Xilinx if you want through their global forums website.

Hello, during implementation in ISE PN (specifically during fit) the program is unexpectedly turns off, without any error or warning. Does anyone know why?

Hello,

what OS are you using (also version 32 or 64 bit). Which version of Java you has installed (also number and 32 or 64 bit)? How much RAM you has installed and what CPU?

Regards

16GB RAM, i5-8400 2.8GHz, Windows 10 64b Java 8

I'm not sure if ISE was ever ported to work on Windows 10. 14.7 is the last version of ISE and it was released before Windows 7 came out.

I would check the ISE 14.7 release notes/docs to see if they have a version that supports Windows 10. They may have created one as they still sell some of the older parts and you can't buy a PC with a older version of Windows.

You could always install ISE on a Linux partition and dual boot or use a Linux/Win7 VM.

I'm not sure if ISE was ever ported to work on Windows 10. 14.7 is the last version of ISE and it was released before Windows 7 came out.

I would check the ISE 14.7 release notes/docs to see if they have a version that supports Windows 10. They may have created one as they still sell some of the older parts and you can't buy a PC with a older version of Windows.

You could always install ISE on a Linux partition and dual boot or use a Linux/Win7 VM.

Hello,

I don't know if it is supported on Windows 10, but I am using it on this OS. There are problems with 64-bit version - similiar to that described by coleague making this post.
I am using 32-bit version and it works OK on Windows 10 (64-bit), but is working noticeable slower than 64-bit version of ISE.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back