Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About the effect of the PVT process on the LC VCO

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanen88

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to display the frequency variation of an LC VCO with temperature. Hence, i used harmonic balance and options existing in ADS? However, when i put the variable'Temp' as a sweep parameter the simulation doesn't work. I ask how can i use this template to display the frequency variation with temperature ( ranging between 0° and 100°).
I'm so grateful to help me:
sincerely

Use "temp" instead of Temp..
You can define this variable directly in HB Controller's Sweep Variable section..

It 's OK, i can run simulation. I put so the equation HB.freq[1] to display frequency, however i don't have the right curve which is given as below. What can i do to correct it, i ask if i should modify some parameters in Harmonic balance about the frequency. PVT.png

If none of the circuit parameters is temperature dependent, won't we expect a graph like this?

But, there is an LC VCO oscillator which contains varactor. What can i do to correct it. If you have a clear tutorial please send to me, i'm so grateful

- - - Updated - - -

Also, i ask if i should add temperature value of each component of my LC VCO, or where is the matter

Rethinking the problem I wonder how you manage to measure VCO frequency in HB analysis.

To measure VCO frequency, i used just transient analysis which display the frequency spectrum. Concerning HB analysis, i just used it to determine the frequency variation with temperaturen i just add frequency=4GHZ and sweep variable is 'temp'. Moreover i put the options. Taking account that i don't do another thing like measure operating frequency.
I ask if i hould use HB analaysis to measure frequency in the same time i use option to display frequency variation with temperature/

- - - Updated - - -

There is a capture of my project VCO, please help me to display frequency with temperature
VCO.png

- - - Updated - - -

I should modify frequency; there is the right capture VCO1.png

Have you ever assigned a Osc_Port or A differential Node Pair for Oscillator Observing Point ??
In other words, is your oscillator really working without changing temp variable ?? I don't think so..

I found only the solution i should activate enable oscillator analysis. Finally i obtain this curveVCOO.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back