Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for Intermediate to Advanced PCB Tutorial Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppet123

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am looking for a good tutorial online for PCB design, I dont really care about what software is used, I would prefer Cadence or Altium.

I find most of the tutorials online are very basic - I am looking for something intermediate to advanced for Analog/Mixed Signal Design or RF design.

Are their any good online resources people can recommend ? Or any good textbooks, or papers that can illustrate these concepts. I am looking for something with step by step examples using the software - not just theory.

Thank you.

There are lot of information about those PCB Design Packages on youtube for everyone.From novice to experts..
You should also play around a bit to learn deeper..

Search the forum, I and others have put up links to PCB design information. My std text file is getting a bit old and needs some serious updating but its a start...
You say intermediate or advanced, what sort of interfaces have you done in the past?
Of course a good start to PCB design is the IPC CID certification scheme if you are really serious, it's the only real qualification for PCB designers...

Attachments

• PCB related links.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 61

Hello,

Thank you for posting.

I am not looking for "theoretical" papers or resources, but actual complete video tutorials or trainings using software (Altium, Cadence) that show step by step examples.

I am looking for examples over 1GHz, again that do a complete example using the softwares I have indicated. I know there are many companies or individuals on the internet doing these trainings so I thought I would post here to ask if anyone thought any of them were helpful.

Theory I get, it is the softwares I want to use and learn with full examples.

Why am I looking for intermediate to advanced - because I find most of the examples posted are very simplistic and in most cases do not cover high frequency designs (over 1GHz) at all.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back