Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why I am getting this substrate picture, when i create a new workspace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skatefast08

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
some reason my ADS layout will create a random substrate that I never designed and looks like the picture shown below. How can I stop this automatically from creating the same substrate even after creating a new workspace? I could have nothing in the layout screen and after pushing the substrate editor, it will automatically generate the same substrate that I had before. I want to get rid of it, and start a new one. Plus, all of my layer colors are not the same as they use to be.

ok.jpg.png
what is this?

What exact version?

ADS2017 is a bit different regarding technology setup. You can do an early tech setup when you create the workspace (as before) or a late tech setup when tech settings are actually needed.

earlyUnbenannt.PNG

Choose "Standard ADS layers", similar to ADS 2016 and before.
Do not create your own technology, unless you know what you are doing.

I think your mistake is that you (unintendedly) created a new technology, instead of using the predefined ADS standard layers.

start a new one

As always:

newsub.PNG

Thank you, but I figured it out. All I did is delete the substrate. lol :bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back