Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trying to import a gerber file from Broadcom onto ADS, not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

skatefast08

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am trying to import a gerber file for ATF55143 onto ADS layout, but Its not working for me, here is the website:
I don't get anything when I put it into layout from the library :/, how will I be able to the layout artwork?

It's working for me..
layout.png

Last edited:

Maybe I was importing it the wrong way, its not an archive like my last question, is it? How do you get that? I was taking over an hour to figure that out and didn't come up with anything :(

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, is that a picture of a circuit design ? Cause I want to get the layout for just the transistor... Idk what circuit that is.

Maybe I was importing it the wrong way, its not an archive like my last question, is it? How do you get that? I was taking over an hour to figure that out and didn't come up with anything :(

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, is that a picture of a circuit design ? Cause I want to get the layout for just the transistor... Idk what circuit that is.

Use "Import Design" utility in File Menu.. Import as Gerber/Excellon onto layout.

Cause I want to get the layout for just the transistor...

This makes no sense - what are you trying to do? Gerber is a PCB file format. If you need the transistor package, you might find a package drawing in the data sheet, or a reference to a standard package name.

In your case, it is SOT343 and the layout is shown in the data sheet:

sot343.PNG

This makes no sense - what are you trying to do? Gerber is a PCB file format. If you need the transistor package, you might find a package drawing in the data sheet, or a reference to a standard package name.

In your case, it is SOT343 and the layout is shown in the data sheet:

Thanks, I probably should have said that I wanted to get the footprint instead, which is SOT343 on the datasheet.

Now I have another problem though, I found the SOT343 from ads_design library and measured the dimensions of the pins and thought they would have a close resemblance to the values shown in the picture you showed (in the datasheet), but I get 26 mil = 0.6604 mm (for the width of each pin), and 36 mil = .9144 (for the length of the large pin). Now, In the datasheet it shows that the dimensions of the pins are: 1mm (width of each pin) and 0.9 mm (length of large pin). The value thats way off is the width of each of the pins, which i measured 26 mil. Are their many versions of SOT343, and how can I correct mine to have the exact dimensions as shown in the datasheet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back