Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Derive relation between time and current in motor protection device

Status
Not open for further replies.

nayakajit87

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I am trying to imperilment The IT - characteristic feature for motor protection device.There are 2C,5C,10C curve feature . can someone suggest me how it can be implemented in C code.

Is there any example code available.

**broken link removed**

Is there any equation for setting current and time . which i can easily used for implementation. IT_char.jpg

if equation is not available , use lookup table with interpolation.

I find solution for IT characteristic. this sample example given here. need c code

assume Overload current = 10A(user defined setting)

Over load current trip time =10s(user defined setting)

if curve 2C is selected

calculation are as below The relay should turn on 30% over load trip time i.e 13A
Trip_Time over_current
10 10
9 10.3
8 10.6
7 10.9
6 11.2
5 11.5
4 11.8
3 12.1
2 12.4
1 12.7
0 13

in code if the Nominal current exceeds overload current these are trip timing for relay. The timing and current will change as per user defined setting. can some one guide me C code.

make an array of 'time[] ' with index as "current*10" and initialise with your values.
from the given 'current' enter the array as 'index' , get the 'time ' value.

How do you determine the trip time for arbitrarily varying currents? Notice that the shown IT characteristic follows a simple I^2 t function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back