Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to reduce mesh density in HFSS to reduce the simulation time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fparveen

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,

I am simulating a head model in HFSS (driven modal) which has a total volume (rad box volume) of 1648440mm^3 or 1648 cm^3. I am using intel core i5 with 6GB RAM. However, I am unable to reach the end of simulation. Everytime, after almost 3-4 hours or even longer simulation, it fails showing 'solver out of memory'. Does anyone know how can I reduce the mesh density to reduce the simulation time? Or is there is other suggestion that could help me finish the simulation?

Thanks in advance.

hello fparveen,
You can alter the mesh in analysis ->options->initial mesh options. For electrical-large model, you'd better use Feko but HFSS shows the most accurate simulation results.

You can also specify a "seed mesh" by selecting an object and then going under HFSS->Mesh Operations->Assign->Inside Selection->Length Based... and then selecting the "Restrict the number of additional elements" box, and entering the maximum tetrahedron count you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back