Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AVR programmer Protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.

pasidu

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all

1. Software part
I would like to make a programmer to program AVR Like ATmega 328p
So I need to study how programmer is working and what are the protocol and it rules
Please advise good tutorials to study software part

2. Hardware Part
Also I am planing to do it using PIC Microcontroller for Hardware part

Please recommend suitable MCU

Thanks in advance

Hi,

1)
Each AVR datasheet contains all necessary informations how the chips can be programmed.

Serial programming, parallel programming, timings, pin descriptions, voltage levels, protocol and so on.
Additionally they have application notes for programmers, as well as hardware and software for different protocols....

The manufacturer should always be the first address for such informations.

2)
First you need specifications.
There are many programmers available. Form cheap to expensive. Why do you need another one?
What are your requirements that others can´t fulfill?
Don´t reinvent the wheel.

But maye you have very special requirements, that really need a custom designed programmer.
Then you should tell all about it. What is your target interface (DUT), what is your human interface (PC, cellular phone...) what operating system does it use?
and so on.

Klaus

Reactions: pasidu

pasidu

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks for reply
Thanks for the reply and advice
There is no special reason but i would like to study about it by doing it then it is mine

it is so hard to understand datasheet
is there any other blog or website which is explaining about it more details

Thanks in advance

Hi,

it is so hard to understand datasheet
Sooner or later you need to learn to understand datasheets. I see no way around this.
A general statement "hard to read" can't be solved here, better ask a detailed question.
Programming the AVR is not difficult. It's similarily difficult as writing text to a display..

is there any other blog or website which is explaining about it more details
I assume there are thousands. First place of information is the manufacturer, there are application notes.

Klaus

Reactions: pasidu

pasidu

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.