Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Was edaboard offline yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

d123

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Did anyone else have a "bad gateway" problem yesterday? It lasted for over 12 hours in my case. It also happened for about an hour on - I think, didn't pay too much attention - Sunday or Monday evening.

Also, has anyone else stopped receiving email notifications on new posts to threads? I stopped receiving them about a month ago; I checked my settings and in theory they are correctly set.

Lastly, and unrelated, regarding the loathsome wretch who dumped edaboard members private details on the dark web in July - why weren't members sent a notification about this?

It was giving a bad gateway error here (Wales, UK) from about 8pm on Tuesday right through until the early hours of today (Thursday) but I see some posts were made during the outage period so it must have been fairly localized.

I didn't hear anything about a data breach in July, where did you get that information from?

Brian.

Hi Brian,

Thanks, definitely not my old computer going too wonky just yet then.

R.E. alleged data breach - Looking for edaboard info about outage yesterday, stumbled upon a Spanish page associated with a totally reputable telecoms provider which is I think about their cyber security unit, it's called Eleven Paths. It has this entry regarding the alleged matter:
(edaboard data breach) fuga de informacion de edaboard.com

Took liberty of translating with Google Translate to save you time:

"This electronic forum has suffered an information leak. How many users have you affected? We tell you all the details of this latest case of data leakage in the hand of our team of intelligence analysts.

On July 20, access credentials to the forum specialized in electronic edaboard.com appeared. This platform, which currently has more than half a million members, was affected when the access data of more than 459,000 users was published. The information disclosed is personal and includes the alias used in the forum, the email and the access password. Due to the technological profile of the users, there is a large number of members that seem to belong to international organizations or governmental entities.

Among the organizations affected have been identified corporate email accounts of the US space agencies (nasa.gov) and India (isro.gov), in addition to eighty accounts belonging to the domain thousand reserved for military use in the US or critical infrastructure of the sector energetic. The leak was made through the Twitter account @imtolame, which was removed from the MEGA exchange platform where it was hosted the day after its publication."

??

Can't say I'm that worried in an age where you can't seem to keep anything private anymore and electronic snooping is listed among most children's hobbies.

I am in Mexico and I received the same "gateway Error" too.

I also share D123's gloomy mood......if you put anything online, assume it may be hacked.

That is the reason I don't use cloud services to store my personal data. Anything that it is of value, I have stored in a pair of independent external drives.

The data breach was in 2016 I believe and was reported on here at the time. There are more than 80,000 registered users now than in the report which ties in with it being almost two years old. I can't remember exactly what action was taken at the time other than the usual 'change your password' advice. As Edaboard doesn't carry any financial information on users it probably doesn't fall into the 'REALLY serious' category anyway.

Just today I found a mailbox full of 'undeliverable' messages from various sources I had apparently written to. Harvesting email addresses is very easy, especially from people using a certain well known operating system!

I fully agree about the security issues with cloud storage. All my backups are password protected and encrypted and stored off site at a known secure location via a closed network link, it even checks the MAC addresses of connecting devices are 'white listed' so even someone with the password (which is not stored anywhere) can't get to them unless from an authorized device.

Brian.

Me too!!!

I am in India and could not access edaboard although I did not note the time (because I post infrequently). But the bad gateway problem is real.

I wonder if it's something to do with unavoidable programmed maintenance downtime or suchlike.

I wonder if it's something to do with unavoidable programmed maintenance downtime or suchlike.

I was thinking the same thing the instant I experienced it. I don't think it lasted long here as it came up a couple of hours later when I tried again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back