Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

multiplexer and digital input on PCB board

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanmei

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing the PCB layout by eagle software.

1. There are several multiplexers that I need to choose the input signal between vss and vdd. What components should I use?
2. There are 10 bits parallel digital input, should I use the software like USB-6008 to drive the digital signals?

Thanks.

Hi,
1. There are several multiplexers that I need to choose the input signal between vss and vdd. What components should I use?
I don´t understand the question. If you need multiplexers, then choose multiplexers.

But before that you need to specify your requirement. Especially the electrical requirement. "VDD" and "VSS" are no specifications, because they may differ from application to application.

--> just take one datasheet of a common multiplexer, go through the specifications one by one and decide your requirements.

2. There are 10 bits parallel digital input, should I use the software like USB-6008 to drive the digital signals?
You say there are inputs, but then you ask how to drive the signals.
--> But usually one drives outputs, but not inputs.

Please explain.

A drawing with some description/values is better than a lot of words.

Klaus

Thanks for your reply.

1. I can manually switch the "multiplexer" to choose vdd or vss for the enable signals(en1-en3). But the multiplexer I found has no manual switch.
2. It is the digital inputs from d0-d9.

1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.