Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tina TI models for LT1054

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freehawk

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Goodmorning all

Anyone can lead me to a 'spice' model that i can import in Tina ti for this Voltage Converter?
It should be a .cir file i guess, but i cant find it.

Or how can you simulate a circuit that uses this component in Tina TI?

https://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/lt1054.pdf

Please help me :)

Download LTSpice from Analog Devices, it is freeware, do the setup, and it will contain the spice model of the IC.
In Tina there is a 'New Macro Wizard' tool where you can import the spice netlist from the LTSpice's library.

Unfortunately, the Ltspice model for Linear devices use a proprietary binary format and can't be used in other Spice tools.

So in fact there is no solution? :-(

I don't get it why producents of components dont publish spice models on there product page.
Or at least source of the compiled models.

They don't want you to sell their products???

The solution then to use LTSpice instead of TINA.
Linear Tech. was quite good, so probably they could afford to don't share what is inside their IC packages. They didn't have to worry about sells maybe, rather protect their designs. And still you can download their very good simulator which is freeware and contains the model of their ICs.

Sorry but i don't find the ltspice simulator that impressive
And certainly don't like the editing features

Unfortunately I cannot recommend you anything else to solve your problem.

Hi,

I guess not every part has a Spice model because - if you stop to think of semiconductor to mathematical model that will cover every simulation scenario it may be used under - they must be horrendously hard to make realistic, and let's consider the time-invested in making a model for its ROI... Even "simple" transformers are far from fun to simulate with and I understand extremely hard to model.

One approach, but may take more time than you may be able to or want to invest, is to consider the "functional block diagram" on page 9 and make a discrete version in TINA, then use the insert block option to make your own version of the IC, accepting that it may not be a perfect approximation but at least a reasonable guide to whatever it is you need to see in a simulation.

How about buying a PDIP version to prototype/breadboard with it? Sometimes, there's no other choice.

I see it's similar in functionality to the 7660 charge pump inverter IC. Could you scour the Internet to find a Spice model of any similar charge pump inverter IC as a drop-in substitute?

If you're looking for a perfect match, woe is you, I suspect. Due to a variety of issues I've found through time, including no model available or very rarely a model looking suspiciously rubbish and not especially realistic based on real-world use, as you'll know, sometimes it's better to break a simulation down into several parts and invent an equivalent solution to fill the gap, and then cross fingers and have to waste money on a sacrificial part in a prototype.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back